We believe in community and in sharing. That's why Peoples Gas provides financial help to local charities and organizations. In 2015, we had a $1,936,332 impact in our communities through corporate contributions, employee and retiree donations, our Matching Gifts programs and volunteerism.
Contributions are made in the following categories:
- Arts and culture: Arts and culture add to the richness of life in our communities. We support projects that promote diversity and make the arts accessible to all people, including theater, dance, music, drama and museums.
- Community and neighborhood: Communities become stronger when neighbors work together. We support nonprofit organizations dedicated to community improvement.
- Education: Life-long learning helps ensure a strong future for our communities and their economies. We support programs that complement our company's educational programs and philosophies, including opportunities for minorities and women. We support programs where businesses and educational institutions partner, provide career planning and mentor youth.
- Environment: As a company, we protect and encourage the wise use of natural resources. We also support others' efforts for the betterment of fish and wildlife, water and air quality, forests, energy efficiency, renewable energy and recycling.
- Human services and health: The physical and emotional well-being of everyone in our communities is a measure of the health of the communities. We support United Way by making company contributions, facilitating employee and retiree gifts and providing voluntary leadership. We support programs that serve limited-income, senior and handicapped individuals. And we support programs emphasizing wellness.